If you’re anything like me, you’re constantly on the lookout for new podcasts and episodes you can listen to on the way to work, while you clean the house, and so on. Come to think of it, I listen to podcasts multiple times a day and there are a few that absolutely get me through the week. I figured I’d share some of them with you guys here so you can check them out and give them a listen.
Here are the five podcasts that get me through the week.
1. Affirmation Pod by Josie Ong - If you need some guided audio affirmations, this is your go-to! Josie has tons (seriously, tons) of episodes containing affirmations for all different kinds of needs. Before a workout, dealing with difficult emotions, before an exam, and so, so much more. She has her own app but is also available on Spotify. Listening to one of her affirmations is the first thing I do pretty much every day to start off on the right foot.
2. Better with Paul by Paul Brunson - Another affirmation podcast I found lately that I completely love. I’ve been rotating back and forth between Paul and Josie (above) to get me started in the morning. His voice and audio presence is super empowering and calming at the same time.
3. Holding Space for Therapists by Dr. Cassidy Freitas - This one is for therapists in particular - or if you’re a client (or just a nerd!) who wants to know more about the life of a therapist. Dr. Cassidy brings on lots of guests in the field and talks about various topics for the modern therapist including burn out, modern marketing, and more. It’s the perfect balance of supervision and business tips.
4. Holding Space by Dr. Cassidy Freitas - This one is similar to the one above but focuses on the general population/mental health in general rather than therapist only topics. When I need a break from the business side of things and need to focus on myself a little bit, I come to this podcast. Dr. Cassidy also has the best and most calming voice and is SO knowledgable/creative in her field.
5. Earn Your Happy by Lori Harder - Lori is the perfect mix of psychology, business, and spirituality plus all around women empowerment and confidence boosting. She has episodes for a variety of different topics, plus a lot of short episodes that are perfect for a quick commute to work or while you're getting ready. You’re bound to find something that resonates with you and will keep you subscribed for more.
Like I said, I’m always looking for more podcasts, so reach out to me with some of your favorite! You can e-mail me at email@example.com or find me on Instagram @jenna.overbaugh.
And while you’re at it, be sure to check out my podcast called “All The Hard Things”, available on all podcast platforms. Perfect for anyone wanting more mental health, anxiety/OCD, therapist, motherhood, and general self-help information.
Let me know what you think. Now I’m headed home from here - time to pop on another podcast. I’ll catch you next time.